If a record is open by more than one person, or if the record has been altered many times in a short period of time you may get a pop-up box that says In Use By System. In order to charge this item to a patron you need to free the record.
To free an In Use By System record:
- at the top of the Millenium screen, click on Admin
- select Free Records in Use which will open a pop-up box
- in the pop-up box click on the arrow to change the .Record# to b Barcode
- Scan the barcode which will open a message that the record is in use
- choose free record in use?
- you should now be able to charge this item
- if this does not work, get help from a Circulation Coordinator