Procedure For VCAL Reciprocal Faculty Member Cards
What should I do when a VCAL faculty member from another college wants to check out a book?
1) The faculty member should have a VCAL ID given to him or her from their home institution.
See the VCAL site if you want to know more about its members http://www.vermontlibraries.org/vcal.
2) The VCAL ID must also have an expiration date sticker on the back of the card.
3) The faculty member must also present another picture form of ID like a school ID, driver's license or passport.
4) We would place a bar code on the back of the VCAL ID card.
5) We would create an account for the faculty member. See How to Create a Reciprocal Faculty Account Tutorial.
6)Last but not least … we need to track this information. Please fill out the VCAL Faculty Reciprocal Borrowing Authorization Form using Internet Explorer or PDF Form for the faculty member to bring with them. We also need to print out a copy for our records.
page revision: 44, last edited: 21 Aug 2013 18:20