Procedure For Giving Out A VCAL Card To Champlain Faculty

What should I do when a Champlain faculty member wants to check out a book from a library other than UVM or St. Michael's College?

Champlain may borrow books using their school ID at UVM or St. Michael's College Libraries, no VCAL card is needed.

1) The VCAL cards are located in a folder next to computer in MIC 103.

See the VCAL site if you want to know which libraries a faculty member can borrow


2) We would put an expiration date sticker on the back of the card. The stickers on in the same folder with the VCAL cards.


3) Tell the faculty member he or she must present a picture form ID, like a school ID, driver's license or passport.

4) The lending library will place a bar code on the back of the VCAL ID card.


5) The lending library will create an account for the faculty member.

6) Last but not least … we need to track this information. Please fill out the VCAL Faculty Reciprocal Borrowing Authorization Form using Internet Explorer or PDF Form for the faculty member to bring with them. We also need to print out a copy for our records.

reciprocal borrower faculty

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.5 License.