Assistance Animals

An Assistance Animals provide emotional support, well-being, comfort or companionship, or therapeutic benefits.

Assistance Animals are allowed generally within the residence halls, but are not allowed in other College buildings or college vehicles.

Students planning on bring an Assistance Animal to campus must obtain approval from the Counseling Center and Accommodation Service (CAS) office. office by submitting a request to CAS at least 30 days in advance on a form obtained from CAS. You can reach them by phone at (802) 651-5961.

An Assistance Animal is not afforded the same rights as a Service Animal.

Contact Information:

Accommodations Office - (802) 651-5961

Employment Manager - (802) 860-2721

Risk Management - (802) 383-6613

Champlain College Assistance Animal Policy

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.5 License.